Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jamison Oliver Leet IV has arrived

Ahhh baby J is sleeping and I am finally a bit...just a bit...motivated to take some time to jot down a few thoughts. It has been four weeks since Jamison has arrived. What an adventure and steep learning curve it has been. THANK GOD for family and friends that have gone before me and have shared great wisdom and support. I have longed to write and sort out my scattered thoughts and memories around the significant day we welcomed our son and got to see his face for the first time. I can for sure say with confidence that labor was and is the hardest thing I have ever gone though mentally, physically, and spiritually. It is also an experience I would do all over again if it meant I could hold Jamison in my arms again, like I did for the first time. I look forward to reflecting more in depth and documenting my experience of Jamison's birth story.

36 hours of endurance brought us Jamison Oliver Leet IV, 9 lbs 3 oz and 22 inches long, and a head full of handsome hair!!

A few of my fav photos taken in the last 4 weeks



No comments:

About This Blog

A place for...
Reflection Expression Invitation Creativity Inspiration Connection

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares."

~Henri Nouwen