Thursday, November 10, 2011

Random Thursday Thoughts...

Coffee shop..glass of red wine. What is a woman to write about under such circumstances? (Did I mention Jamison is at home with his daddy?) It has been a difficult last few weeks but today..today has been met with laughter, enjoyment, and seeds of hope. Jamison is growing so quickly. His chatter bring a lightness to my heart, reminding me of innocent beauty. My marriage is growing quickly too. It takes a gracious partnership of quick forgiveness and a commitment of constant communication to raise a family. Everyone is being stretched as we are asked to lay down our needs for the sake of the other. It is not always pretty, this new season we found ourselves in. Just like the Fall leaves, the colors of our family continuously change. Change is beautiful because it pushes me to uncomfortable places. Streeeeeetch Katy! I know that some day soon I will resiliently adapt to what has been put before me. I know this because there is a God that has my back and softly lets me know that everything will be okay. My circumstances may not change but peace faithfully comes in the midst of the storm.

Here are two pictures that I have been looking at often. To be honest, I STILL am in awe that I have inherited the role and privilege of being a mom. This thought is so tender and hits me every once in awhile. What an honor. I watch my hubby laugh, hold, and snuggle our son and I am overwhelmed. Partly because I feel anxious & depressed as well as an overwhelming sense of gratitude. I am glad that my previous experiences at Mars Hill Graduate School has prepared me to hold both in my cup. I am learning to continually wrestle with ambiguity. So with that, being a mommy has brought both jubilation and heartache. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything...



1 comment:

Susanne said...

Oh my word...just logged on to work on a post and saw this...those are possibly the two most beautiful "mom" pics I have EVER seen!!! Who took them??? They are precious...I want to blow them up and hang them on my wall. You're an incredible Mama, Mrs. Leet. Love you dearly!

About This Blog

A place for...
Reflection Expression Invitation Creativity Inspiration Connection

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares."

~Henri Nouwen