Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday Thoughts



Today is Thursday. I have thoughts...

I have managed to get away for an hour. Where might you ask? Where any person from the Northwest would go for a warm beverage and and hip atmosphere. This week's choice is Bluebeard Coffee (yummmmm..above is a photo of my delicious latte). I started coming here when I was pregnant with Jamison. It was the perfect distance for me and my big belly to walk from my house and then be rewarded for the distance and strength it took to get there.

This moment, right now, is one that I use to take for granted. An hour to myself these days is liken to gold, maybe diamonds! I don't even really value gold or diamonds but I think you get the drift. It is within this time and space that I can attempt to be fully in my thoughts. It has been challenging to be of depth lately. And I am okay with that for now. So if I ramble on my blog, well it's because I am a little out of practice! So here are some thoughts (mostly unfinished) that I have been thinking this week...

~ I don't want to be a weird religious Christian. I want it to be normal to love Jesus and others be compelled to love Jesus during and through the daily things of life.
~ Am I strange for loving my dog as much as I do...though an animal, her loyalty to follow me around everywhere astounds me.
~ Why don't women, specifically moms, talk about certain things? Such as postpartum depression, how our big boobs and lack of bladder control keeps us from exercising, and perhaps how we can sometimes go days without showering or brushing our teeth and not care.
~ Why...(*sigh) do friends come and go? I wonder how much control I have over the friends and community I am around. I am starting to think that I don't. I want to be able to trust God that the people that come and go in my life is not only for a season but a specific reason as well.
~ Last thought that I think is worth sharing...I want to be a better lover, wife, and best friend to the man in my life. It has been difficult at times to get out of the rut of cynicism. I get tired at times and all I can do is complain and easily, very easily, oversee his pursuit. God has certainly put James in my life to confirm how He relentlessly pursues me despite my refusal. So with that, I know that my inability to receive James' pursuit is directly connected to how I receive God's pursuit. Again, as God graciously reminds me, I need him and my love for others overflows from that. I cannot do it apart from Him.

Well the hour is coming to an end...went by quickly eh? Until next time...

No comments:

About This Blog

A place for...
Reflection Expression Invitation Creativity Inspiration Connection

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares."

~Henri Nouwen