Tuesday, March 23, 2010

buddy leet

Meet Buddy...he has been keeping me company the last few weeks. Buddy has been on loan from my in-laws while James was in India. The time has come to part ways and I am a little torn about it. Having Buddy around has actually taught me a thing or two. The part I have enjoyed the most is our daily routine of walking around my neighborhood. It is fascinating the conversations that get started with mutual dog owners. I also found that children were more open to interacting with me when Buddy was around. Not only was it great exercise for the both of us, but I was able to notice more about my neighborhood that I hadn't in the past. So one of the many lessons Buddy has taught me is to take time, have a daily rhythm of noticing what is around your neighborhood, talk to strangers...I will miss Buddy!

No comments:

About This Blog

A place for...
Reflection Expression Invitation Creativity Inspiration Connection

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares."

~Henri Nouwen